Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raspberry Picking


Last weekend we went to Sauvie Island and picked our own raspberries. It was a fun little outing and we had perfect weather. We got some yummy berries and I was finally able to make my very own homemade jam.

 picking berries with dad and mom
we told Gigi to only pick the red ones
and I think she ate all of the berries she picked! :)
Adam with our spoils
Gigi loved being able to run around and explore
And the farm had some chickens and a pig for Gigi to see
are they having a stare down!?!
I only got about 4 jars of jam so I think we might have to go back and pick some more berries!

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

What a fun family outing! Living in an area famous for berries has its perks! I am so glad that you were able to make jam - it is so delicious! I love all of the pictures of you guys - Gigi was loving the chickens and pig!

Sarah said...

Fun pictures! I hear so much about your grandpa's famous raspberry bushes. I know Joan misses them every year.