Monday, May 30, 2011

Meet Me in Seattle

To celebrate my birthday we took an impromptu trip to Seattle over Memorial Day weekend. We haven't been back since we moved away and Adam knows how much I loved living there and how much I adore that city. Of course, no visit is complete without a trip to Pike's Place. We had to make a stop for my favorite doughnuts, and they were as good as I remembered. We then headed for a walk to Sculpture Park, which has unique art and great views of the Space Needle.
We met up with Adam's brother, Dave (who now lives there), for a family reunion at Buckley's.
It was a perfect birthday weekend and a perfect day in Seattle complete with those grey skies that I grew to love while living there.

3 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

What a fun trip! Sometimes the last minute outings are truly the best! Seattle is a great city!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Fun trip!!! I love Seattle and want to visit again (without kids!)

Joan Morris said...

I love Seattle too. Especially the seafood. What a fun birthday treat.