Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back to Klickitat Street

Gigi in her new hat from her aunt Anne, she looks too cute! The hat was ripped off right after I snapped this pic though, Gigi doesn't let me put anything on her head anymore. 
A few weeks ago we went for a walk to explore our neighborhood and the park that is a few blocks away from our place. We found out that it has a little play gym which will be nice this summer for Gigi and me!
We happened upon Klickitat Street, which we both recognized from the Beverly Cleary novels; it was the street where Ramona and Beatrice lived. And Beverly Cleary grew up not too far from where our apartment is, I'm going to have to do some investigating so I can find out exactly where her house is. And I think a visit to Grant Park is on order so we can see the Beverly Cleary Sculpture Garden. I just loved those books as a kid!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the hat! That park sounds really great, and I loved those novels too! That's really cool you found that street, and remembered!

Joan Morris said...

That is so fun that you recognized Klickitat street. I don't think I would be as observant. I am also a Ramona and Beezus fan. Gigi looks cute as always!

Ami said...

Gigi is GORGEOUS. And how FUN is it that you live near Klickitat St. I, too, loved those books. Great memories!

Kay Hinton said...

No way! Ramona and I are like this! I may have to come and visit you.