Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Vatican

After getting off the ship, we dropped our luggage off at the hotel and made our way to The Vatican. We quickly grabbed some lunch and it was yummy - I had pistachio pasta!

And of course we had to get some gelato...

Then it was time for our tour. 

Exploring the huge museum, and you can see Tricia (our tour guide, haha!) in the background with a deer attached to a selfie stick. It did help to keep our huge group together. :)
One of my favorites - The School of Athens

Inside the Sistine Chapel, I can cross this off my bucket list! Although I did almost get kicked out for taking pictures but it was worth it, haha!

We then visited St. Peter's Basilica...

Michelangelo's famous Pieta

And a view of the outside...

We had a delicious dinner that evening followed by some more gelato of course!

The next day we all traveled home. It was truly an amazing trip and we made such wonderful memories together. Thanks to my parents for making it all possible! And huge thanks to Bill and Georgia for watching our kids, we so appreciate you!

No comments: