Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Mantel

I love hearts, no I heart hearts. :) So of course I had to decorate my mantel for Valentine's Day this year! I kept my pallet up since it provides such a great backdrop for just about any type of decor. And I love the rustic and warm feel it brings into the space!

I made the flowers out of crepe paper, and I love the fact that they won't die on me! First I attached a cotton ball to some floral wire using both glue and floral tape. Then I cut the crepe paper into little squares with some scalloped-edged scissors, bunched them up and glued them to the cotton ball. Easy peasy!

I also made the felt heart garland which is pretty self explanatory. The mercury glass garland is vintage.

I got the marquee heart light at Michaels (sim here) and the XO letters are from Anthropologie.

I got the various hobnail and tin vases at BHLDN a few years ago, but it looks like they still sale similar ones here and here.

So that's it! I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I love how you decorate your mantel for each holiday! You are truly creative!

Pam said...

Wow, you do good work, Jessica! Love your creativity!

Joan Morris said...

I love it, it is so cute!