Monday, October 20, 2014

Neutral Halloween Decor

For last year's Halloween decorations, I used black and white. This year, I wanted to change it up a little and use a neutral color palette. So when I spotted these cute marquee letters at Michaels, I knew they'd be perfect (and I got them with a 40% off coupon)!

I added some flowers made out of brown paper bags (I followed this tutorial) and they were super easy and fun to make. And they add a nice impact above my mantel.

I also made some glittery leaf garland and I love how it turned out! I got a bag of fabric leaves at the dollar store and used mod podge to glue different colors of glitter onto them. Really adds a little bling to my mantel. And another bonus is that it can stay up for Thanksgiving too!

I used my mercury glass pumpkins again. I've had these for a few years now and still love them so much! I can switch up my colors and these always seem to work. Can't recommend them enough!

And a view so you can see the whole space.

Another little vingette in the room. More pumpkins and mercury glass of course. :)

And more neutral decor for the other side of the room.

Eek!!! I just love how it turned out and Gigi loves helping me turn on the letters everyday!

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

Everything looks great - so professional! You come up with so many creative ideas! I really like the black birds!

Kay Hinton said...

So beautiful, Jessie. I love it. Did you attach the glitter leaves to string? How? I LOVE that idea!