Saturday, June 28, 2014

Visit to Utah: Ragnar

I've wanted to run the Ragnar Relay for a few years and this year I finally got to! For those not familiar with Ragnar it's a team of 12 people (split into two vans) and you each take turns running relay style from Logan to Park City. Each runner has three legs and the total miles of the entire course is 196.5 miles. The total distance of my three legs was 19.3 miles.

Here are Anne and I training a few days before the race. I trained solo in Minneapolis so it was a lot of fun to have a running partner :)

Thursday night before the race we went out to eat at Olive Garden with the girls in our van. I ran with my two sisters, my sister in law and two girls that my sisters knew. We had such a fun group of girls!

After dinner we went to Anne's house to decorate the car. Our team name was 'Where the Wild Things Run' and I think the car looked pretty cute - thanks to Tricia and Emily for the decorations!

Here I am on my 1st leg 6.7 miles

Our car at one of the exchanges

With Anne and my sisters getting ready to run our 2nd leg - mine was 4.9 miles.


A little yoga to get us ready :)

And finally ready to run my 3rd and final leg of 7.7 miles

All ready to meet the rest of our team at the finish line! Since we were in the 1st van we were able to shower and get ready so we'd look good in our finish line pics :)


After we completed each of our legs we got to choose a little animal sticker to put next to our name!

At the finish line!

my sister in law Kelly also ran, but she was in the 2nd van

Race selfie :)

I'm so glad I was able to run Ragnar and would love to do it again! It was hard and tiring and I didn't get much sleep but it was all worth it. I ran with such a fun group of girls and had some much needed girls time. Huge thanks goes out to my mother in law for watching my kids so I could do this. I appreciate it so so much! Thanks again!

3 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I am so proud of all of you and your preparation and determination! Good job! I am glad that you had fun being together and working so hard!

Joan Morris said...

Great job Jessica! What an accomplishment.

Kay Hinton said...

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for posting this!